|Renesas offers design tool kit for autonomus driving|
The company says its new Connected Car Software Development Tools enable out-of-the-box development of connected vehicle applications utilizing cloud services at the edge rather than the traditional approach of simply connecting the vehicle to the cloud.
|Micron to buy out XPoint JV with Intel|
The deal terms include payment of about $1.5 billion in cash, as well as taking over Intel’s debt to the venture, which was about $1 billion as of Aug. 30.
|Mass scaling of graphene material remains a question|
Commercial applications of the materials are probably at least 10 years away. For 5nm devices, the decision point is probably five or six years away. It will take that much time for the industry to understand the scaling limitations of 2-D materials and find a realistic path to commercialization.
|Qualcomm wants to go beyond smartphones in China|
In the past, Qualcomm's collaboration with the Chinese companies was mainly in the mobile phone field. As technology thrives, the collaboration expanded to other emerging areas, such as connected vehicles, Internet of Things, and integrated circuit manufacturing.
|China eyes on Taiwan chip design telents|
China-based companies are willing to offer much higher salaries - 3-5 times the annual income offered by their Taiwan-based counterparts - to bring in more talent.
|Kingston crown top SSD seller through channel market|
Total annual SSD shipments from all memory module makers grew by 2-3% YoY for the year. Branded NAND Flash manufacturers jointly accounted for 40% of the global SSD shipments for 2017, while the other 60% was contributed by memory module makers.