Yes - CST is currently developing a new DDR Platform with a seperate 184pin DIMM adapter. The test functions are similar to the SDRAM test functions. The Eureka DDR test solutions will be available Q4 - 2000.
The Eureka is an all-in-one universal memory tester capable of testing SDRAM, DRAM, SRAM, ARAM, Cache and Flash memories with optional test accessories.
Equipped with “High speed test technology” combine with analog pin drivers for voltage changes and a waveform editor for timing parameters adjustment. It provides a leakage test option to detect chips with current leakage problem.
It also has special SIMM Draw Editor, which provides pictorial module layout to pin-point the bad chips, which makes the troubleshooting and diagnosis work a lot easier.
Many other functions such as preheating, test looping, ICC measurement and testing, voltage bouncing and more are available Test memory coverage up to 4 GIGA word and is equipped with 40 bit width data I/O with an option to upgrade to 160 bits. All in all, the Eureka provides close to ATE performance at an affordable price.
The Eureka Tester can be attached to an optional DM718 Automatic Handler and labeler to provide a total hands-free, automated mass production test solution.
A few of the latest adapters built to work with the Eureka are as follows:
– is used for testing all SDRAM Modules. This newly designed 80 bit platform is used to test Synchronous DRAM modules. This SDRAM platform memory module testing is capable of providing precision synchronous clocking, burst mode exercising, interleaving and latency testing , the frequency range is 66Mhz , 100Mhz & 133Mhz . Currently, the available adapters to work with this SDRAM platform are adapters for 168pin / 144pin, unbuffered JEDEC SDRAM module. Other Non Jedec adapters such as 100 pin, 200 pin, 244 pin and 278 pin adapters are also available on the 100mhz platform.
– is used for testing EDO/PAGE MODE DRAM Modules. This is a platform to multiplex the 40 data bits to 160 bits in order to test modules with 64 bits, 72 bits, 80 bits and 144bits and etc. The adapters that work with this platform are the 168 pin DIMM with JEDEC, Apple and SPARC 5 standards, Toshiba 410/610 series, IBM 760 series, SPARC 10/20, JEDEC 144pin SODIMM and etc.
– is used to Test Cache Memory Modules
CST’s cache platform supports the level 2 cache modules for both asynchronous and pipeline burst modes. Its dual voltage generator allows simultaneous testing of both 3.3V cache RAM and 5.0V Tag Ram. There are a few different standards of cache modules depending on the system boards chip sets used. Currently, CST’s has 4 different kinds of adapters to support these various cache modules. EK-Cache1 is for testing modules used with Intel’s Triton and SIS/OPTI chip set. EK-Cache2 adapter is for testing modules used with Intel’s Neptune chip set. EK-Cache3 adapter is for testing the modules used in the Apple Power PC. While EK-Cache4 is for testing the modules used in the DEC computer.
To test the 168 pin DRAM DIMM-EDO, you need the Eureka universal base tester it comes with an optional 160 bit platform and adapter. It is capable to test most 168 pin, 144 pin , 72pin EDO and Page mode DIMM module with a change of adapter.
You cannot test SDRAM DIMM using this adapter. For testing 168pin SDRAM DIMM module, you will require an optional SDRAM2 Platform and adapter. This adapter is capable of testing both the 66Mhz &100Mhz SDRAM DIMM modules at real frequency. 160 bit DRAM Platform adapter and platform is not capable for testing SDRAM DIMM.
The Eureka checks for assembly open and shorts on the module using the “ Walk address” and “Walk data” test pattern.
For more detail testing coverage , the Eureka has “Marching & Checkerboard” test to check for dram cell related faults.
The Eureka can also Auto-Identify most JEDEC standard module, size/capacity, device configuration, access time (speed), parity / non parity/ ECC and voltages.
* The Eureka detect assembly open and shorts on the module using the “ Walk address” and “Walk data” test pattern.
* For more comprehensive detail test coverage , the Eureka has “Marching & Checkerboard” test to check for dram cell related faults.
* The Eureka also Auto-Identify JEDEC standard module for size/capacity, device configuration, access time (speed), parity / non parity/ ECC and voltages.
* Yes, you need to use the 133Mhz – SDRAM3 Platform and adapter, this combination of platoform & adapter will test both the 100 and133Mhz SDRAM DIMM module. A SDRAM3 Platform & 133Mhz label is printed on the adapter casing cover for easy identification.
*You can still also test a 66Mhz SDRAM DIMM module with this adapter, as the frequency on the tester is user selectable from the software.
* Yes, the Eureka uses the PC printer port that can be connected to any printer with a printer cable.
* The fail results will be printed out upon enabling the print function.
* Software allows for management control function with ability to capture and log results.
You can upgrade the tester without a change of the base tester, all you need to purchase is the appropriate test platforms and adapters with to the base tester.
You can download the latest software from the Internet.
Yes , the Eureka is capable of testing both DRAM chips and SDRAM chips For DRAM chip testing, you will require the EK-SOJ DRAM adapter use with the 160bit DRAM Platform. For SDRAM chip, you will require the TSOP SDRAM chip adapter used with the SDRAM2 Platform.